Ludlow KY 41016 USA
Blue Ash, OH
2011 - Present
Solve problems with Agile processes.
- We work with Rails, Backbone, CouchDB, node.js on a daily basis. We like solving complex problems simply and efficiently.
Boiling Springs, SC
2005 - Present
Work with businesses, organizations and entrepreneurs to create and implement technology solutions to promote efficiency and improve communication.
- Specific industry focus: distribution and transportation. Work with port-side logistics companies in the Charleston area to develop web-based traffic management solutions.
- Create intermodal solution for client allowing pickup to delivery tracking and billing of intermodal containers. Completely web-based. Written using Ruby and the Rails framework.
- Develop online scheduling system for client with several medical clinics. Allows users to schedule office visits and in-home appointments independently.
- Design and develop web based applications for Charleston area businesses.
- Developed partnership with Bozack (a local design studio) to do all back-end web programming for several clients.
- Promote use of Open Source Software as a viable replacement for proprietary solutions whenever possible.
- Manage all aspects of business: finance and accounting, payroll, taxes, sales and marketing.
Senior Development Engineer
Boiling Springs, SC
Design and develop web based applications using Linux, the Ruby on Rails framework, ExtJS Framework and MySQL databases.
- Design and develop RoR application for jury management.
- Extensive use of ActiveResource to allow cross domain communication within the application(s).
- Design and develop HTML public facing site to allow jurors to view upcoming appointments, fill out questionnaires and review financial activity.
- Setup staging environments for demonstration of applications using Ubuntu Linux, Apache web server and capistrano.
Applications Analyst II
Design and develop web based applications using Linux, the Ruby on Rails framework and MySQL databases. Also, support legacy PHP and ASP applications.
- Design and develop Rails application for three state agencies to collaborate on record keeping and information sharing.
- Application is HIPAA compliant as medical information is stored and potentially shared amongst other agencies.
- Migrated existing Rails applications from FastCGI deployment on Apache to proxied thin instances for substantial speed improvement.
2001 - 2005
Manage all projects related to distribution operations and technology for all adidas America Distribution accounts. Develop, implement and maintain strategic solutions to increase efficiency and facility throughput.
- Re-engineer entire outbound operations departments to create a more efficient flow of product. Added position of Process Control to monitor all aspects of outbound operations and interact with Operations Managers to ensure goods flowed continuously.
- Create user-friendly applications using MS Access with direct connections to data sources allowing for quick and easy data transfer from warehouse management system. Applications are used in multiple departments, from inventory control to shipping.
- Re-write logic in WMS to ensure containers were loaded to the correct outbound trailers.
- Create, design and develop web-based reporting tool with real-time connection to Oracle 10g database containing WMS data. Project began as simple user tool and became a facility wide reporting system. Still in use today. Developed using Open Source Software - Apache web server, PHP scripting language, XHTML, CSS and Oracle Call Interface (OCI).
- Develop Oracle PL/SQL procedures to calculate level of service required as well as customer required ship dates and special handling requirements and apply to all incoming orders. Allows for greater visibility and increased on-time shipments.
Information Systems Technician
Provide first level user support to all system users, including warehouse associates, office staff and management. Supported all servers, radio frequency networks and devices, cabling and networks.
- Developed applications to track and analyze wave run times, analyze sortation errors, and optimize shipment planning functions.
- Worked as on-site help desk technician. Answered calls from entire warehouse staff. Issues ranged from general desktop support to warehouse control system support.
- Volunteered to work as a backup Shipment Planner and Process Controller in order to better understand the needs of the facility.
Warehouse Management Systems
- WCS AiM,
- Manhattan PKMS,